CBD for Dogs
The benefits of using CBD for dogs is incredible.
CBD stands for Cannabidiol. It is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis (marijuana).
While CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, it is derived directly from the hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant. While CBD is a component of marijuana, it does not cause a high.
CBD is not a psychoactive stimulus, but rather provides your dog with a calming feeling and pain-relieving sensation without harming them with potential intoxicating effects.
CBD for dogs is a natural and perfect way of regulating the system to maintain the perfect balance.
Why use CBD for Pets?
There are a number of reasons why people use CBD for pets and they include:
- Joint pain and inflammation, especially in aging dogs
- Lack of appetite
- Separation anxiety
- Excessive Barking
- Nausea from car rides
- Stressful car rides or trips to the vet or groomer
- Muscle spasms or seizures
- Aid in recovery from surgery or illness
- Pacing or inability to relax.
- Constant itching from allergies to other causes
CBD For Joint Pain and Stiffness in Dogs
Joint pain always reduces the dogs quality of life. It can start as mild discomfort, but it can eventually turn into chronic pain that stops them from doing the activities they love.
Conventional treatment options for joint pain include weight management, exercise, surgery and pain medications. Those paths, however, aren’t right for every dog.
Holistic vets often recommend CBD oil products such as the Pain Formula for a safer and more affordable alternative.
CBD for dogs can target painful joints. It isn’t a cure for arthritis, but it soothes inflammation and reduces pain.
Without pain, dogs are free to run, jump, fetch and play without a joint pain holding them back.
CBD for Pain:
Arthritis isn’t the only kind of pain CBD for pets is known to relieve.
CBD for pets can also be administered after an injury, illness or surgery.
CBD for anxiety:
CBD such as the calming formula is recommended for dogs that are affected by separation anxiety, phobias, and general stress. It may ease anxieties and encourage calmness via communication between endocannabinoid receptors.
When the CBD enters the body, it can activate the receptors to initiate better chemical transmissions.
CBD can trigger a response that makes it easier for the body to release tension and calm down.
Benefits of CBD for dogs:
- CBD may provide relief from uncomfortable digestive symptoms such as gas, bloating and diarrhea
- CBD for pets may interact with serotonin to alleviate nausea and vomiting
- Dogs with dementia and other sleep-impairments may rest easier with CBD thanks to its ability to calm stress signals to the brain.